The first cataract surgery is said to have been performed by the ancient Indian physician Sushruta, way back in 6th century BCE. To remove the cataract from the eyes, he used a curved needle, Jabamukhi Salaka, to loosen the lens and push the cataract out of the field of vision.
What did ancient India contribute to science?
Indians invented zero and the number system, one of the greatest innovations in history. The decimal system, the value of pi, algebra, trigonometry, calculus and many mathematical concepts were all born in India.
What achievement did India make in the field of science?
India belongs to the select group of countries that have developed indigenous nuclear technology. India is among the few countries which have developed ballistic missiles. In the field of space science, India has the capability to launch GSLV satellites.
What are some achievements of the ancient Indians?
Ancient India was home to two of the world’s first cities, Harappa and Mohenjo-Daro. These cities had stone buildings, multiply stories, and sewage systems! India was one of the very first civilizations to use algebra and calculus. The number zero was invented in Ancient India by a man named Aryabhatta.
What are the early contributions to science by the Indians?
Five of India’s contributions to science
- Atomism. The earliest mention of the concept of the atom dates back to India. …
- Zero. Zero was recognized as a number and not merely a symbol of separation amongst all other numbers in India. …
- Trigonometric functions. …
- Modern decimal system. …
- Chandrasekhar Limit.
What was the science in ancient India?
Indian science and technology began at Mehrgarh (now in Pakistan) and continued throughout the country’s history. People developed different systems of agriculture, irrigation, canals and water storage systems, including artificial lakes, by 3,000 BCE. Cotton was cultivated by 5,000–4,000 BCE.
What are the development of science in India?
With support from the Government, considerable investment and development has incurred in different sectors such as agriculture, healthcare, space research, and nuclear power through scientific research. For instance, India is gradually becoming self-reliant in nuclear technology.
What are Indian achievements?
India becomes one of five nations in the world to launch a nuclear submarine named INS Arihant. The Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM) was successfully launched in 2013, making India the first Asian nation to reach Martian orbit and the first nation in the world to do so on its maiden attempt.
Which is the biggest achievement in India?
- India launches 2011 biometric census, the largest census in the world, 2010.
- Longest rail (4286 km) of India, Vivek Express, is flagged off, 2011.
- Launched India’s first Intercontinental Ballistic Missile, Agni V, 2012.
- Launched INS Vikrant, the first aircraft carrier built in India, 2013.
What are the latest achievement of India?
9 milestone achievements by Indians in 2021 that made our hearts swell with pride
- Sunjeev Sahota was longlisted for the 2021 Booker Prize for Fiction. …
- India bagged three nominations at the International Emmy Awards. …
- Indian composer Ricky Kej was nominated for a Grammy.
What advancements in science and mathematics came from early India?
India gave the ingenious method of expressing all numbers by means of ten symbols – the decimal system. … Due to the simplicity of the decimal notation, which facilitated calculation, this system made the uses of arithmetic in practical inventions much faster and easier.
What was one of the greatest achievements during ancient Egyptian times?
Two of ancient Egypt’s greatest achievements were hieroglyphic writing and the pyramids. The ancient Egyptians made a kind of paper from the stalks of a reed called papyrus, or paper plant.
What was invented in India?
Nuntaa, also known as Kutkute. Seven Stones: An Indian subcontinent game also called Pitthu is played in rural areas has its origins in the Indus Valley Civilization. Snakes and ladders: Vaikunta pali Snakes and ladders originated in India as a game based on morality.
What contributions has India made to world progress?
20 Important Gifts India Gave The World
- India gave the world its first university – Takshashila University. …
- India gave the world the numeral, Zero. …
- The game of C hess originated in India. …
- Indians were the first ones to use and invent buttons. …
- Shampoo originated from India. …
- India gave the c ure for Leprosy.
What are the contribution of India in the field of science and technology?
India is, today, recognized as one of the most advanced countries in nuclear technology. Accelerators and nuclear power reactors are now designed and built indigenously. ISRO is the sixth largest space research organization in the world. It has numerous milestones to its credit since its establishment in 1969.